Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 17 is Father's Day



This prayer is dedicated to all Fathers







THE PRAYER OF A FATHER



Build me a son, O Lord, who will be

strong enough to know when he is weak

...and brave enough to face himself when

he is afraid. One who will be proud and

unbending in defeat....but humble and gentle in victory...

a son who will know that to know himself....

is the foundation stone of all true knowledge.

Rear him....

I pray....not in the paths of ease and comfort....but under

the stress and spur of difficulties and challenges. Here let him

learn to stand up in the storm....here let him learn compassion

for those who fail. Build me a son who will master himself

before he seeks to master other men. Build me a son

whose heart will be clean.....

whose goal will be high. One who will learn to laugh....yet never

forget how to weep. One who will reach into the future

...and yet never forget the past. And after all these are his...

add...I pray....

enough of a sense of humor so that he may

always be serious....yet never take himself too seriously......

a touch of humility, so that he will always remember the

simplicity of true greatness....the open mind

of true wisdom....the meekness of true strength. Then....I......

his father.....will dare in the sacred recesses of my own

heart.....to whisper...."I have not lived in vain!"







Advance Happy Father's Day

No comments: